We are looking for an efficient payroll administrator to support the payroll supervisor and cover when she is away from the business. The payroll administrator’s duties include the supervision of the weekly roll call and the weekly holiday forms, ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, computing wages, and ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time.
To be successful as a payroll administrator you should have strong numeracy skills and be able to multitask effectively. An outstanding payroll administrator should be able to manage all aspects of payroll in a timely and accurate manner.
Payroll Administrator Responsibilities:
· Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll related matters.
· Managing electronic timekeeping systems or manually collecting and reviewing timesheets.
· Ensuring all information from the foreman is received to complete roll call in a timely fashion.
· Ensuring holiday forms are authorised and record on the calendar.
· Maintaining employee records on both the payroll and time & attendance systems.
Payroll Administrator Requirements:
· Good GCSE’s grades required
· 2+ years of experience working in a payroll office.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Sage payroll software program.
· Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Good time management and organisational skills.
· Working knowledge of relevant legal legislation.
· Able to prioritise and multitask effectively.
· Ensure proper filing of all payroll information.
· Strong ability to maintain confidentiality in the course of work.
· Ability to always ensure discretion.
· Strong ability to pay attention to detail and to perform tasks accurately.
· Ability to work under intense pressure.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate sufficient knowledge in payroll.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00-£23,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday
- Payroll: 2 years (required)
- Payroll Occupations: 2 years (required)